MSA DUES PAYMENT
Benefits of Joining the MSACW
Being an MSA member has its perks, aside from being provincially mandated. You’ll receive access to the MSA Lounge through your ID badge, be eligible for perks such as the After Hours Meals Program, be able to apply for MASES project funding, and have voting rights at our MSA meetings. In addition you’ll have the MSA leadership representing you in discussions with the hospital administration and at the Medical Affairs Committee.
The MSA Lounge is located on the 2nd floor of the 1982 building, above the main lobby, in room 2B44. Within you’ll find several workstations, a printer, free coffee, snacks supplied three times a week, a television, and comfortable couches where you can share conversations with fellow MSA members.
New Member Information
New to Children’s and Women’s Hospital? Welcome! Here is some potentially helpful information:
1. The MSA Lounge (see above) is available for your use 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Freshly brewed free coffee is available from our machine, and snacks are delivered on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. It is also the venue for monthly box lunches for MSA members, a good time to meet new colleagues and catch up with friends.
2. MSA Meetings are held quarterly via Zoom, usually Mar – Jun – Sep – Dec (AGM and elections for the Executive Board). Once you register and pay your dues, check your email for links to upcoming meetings.
3. MSA Subcommittees are a great way to network and make acquaintances. Have a particular interest? Join a subcommittee and help improve C&W!
4. As a member of the Medical Staff, we are subject to the PHSA Bylaws and Rules. They’re worth reading for familiarity. If you have questions about how the Rules or Bylaws apply to you, please feel free to contact one of the Executive Board members for help understanding them.
5. Be sure to register for FEMS, which is how you can be paid from Doctors of BC for MASES (and FEI) projects.