Engagement Funding Information
The Medical and Allied Staff Association (MASES) is pleased to announce that applications will now be accepted for the 2020-21 Facility Engagement Initiative (FEI) funding. The DEADLINE for this round of funding is Friday, March 26th 2021.
Applications will be considered for all engagement initiatives across BC Children’s and Women’s Hospital for amounts up to $20,000 that comply with the funding guidelines.
Step 1: Review the Facility Engagement Pre-Application Funding Package at msacw.ca/pre_app
Step 2: Submit your application to msacw.ca/facility-engagement-funding/ *Please note you must obtain written Health Authority Operations Approval for your project prior to application submission (details can be found in the pre-application package).
Step 3: Once your submission is received, your project will be prepared and sent for several stages of review. A project manager will contact you if additional information or amendments are required.
Step 4: Once a decision has been made, a project manager will contact you to go over the results of your application, how to access your funds, reporting requirements, and additional support and resources available to you.
- Application Deadline: Friday, March 26th 2021
- For help creating a budget and/or project plan feel free to use the MASES Budget and Objectives builder (https://msacw.ca/funding_resources/)
- If you have any questions regarding the funding process please contact us at email@example.com
- Applications will be assessed and scored by reviewers prior to funding being awarded.
- If applicants require any assistance during the funding application process, the MASES Team is available to provide support.
Facility Engagement Initiative (FEI)
The overarching purpose of the FEI is to facilitate meaningful engagement and consultation between physicians and health authority leaders. For this reason, please carefully consider if the MSA/FEI is the best avenue for funding your project.
The key outcomes of this work as described in the FEI Memorandum of Understanding are listed below. Projects that explicitly address one or more of these objectives will be considered for funding.
- Improvements ineffective representation of medical staff views.
- Support for medical staff contributions to the development and achievement of health authority plans and initiatives that directly affect physicians.
- Improvements in the ability of medical staff to prioritize issues significantly affecting physicians and patient care.
- Creating opportunities for meaningful interactions with Health Authority leaders, including physicians in formal Health Authority medical leadership roles.
- Improvement of physician access to appropriate information to allow for more effective engagement and interaction between physicians and Health Authority operational leaders.
- Support for physicians to acquire leadership skills required to participate effectively in discussions regarding issues and matters directly affecting physicians and their role in the health care system.
At any time during the application process, please free to reach out to the MASES team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.
Cheque Request Form (For supplier cheques only)