Engagement Funding Information
The Medical and Allied Staff Association (MASES) is pleased to announce that applications will now be accepted for the 2020-21 Facility Engagement Initiative (FEI) funding. The NEW DEADLINE for this round of funding is Friday, May 15th 2020.
Applications will be considered for all engagement initiatives across BC Children’s and Women’s Hospital for amounts up to $20,000 that comply with the funding guidelines. An information session regarding this round of funding will be held Tuesday, February 4th, 2020 in the MSA Lounge.
Step 1: Please review the Facility Engagement Funding Package at msacw.ca/pre_app prior to submitting an application, and/or for additional resources.
Step 2: Submit your application to msacw.ca/funding_application
Step 3: Once your submission is received, a project manager from will contact you to discuss next steps.
Step 4: Your application will be reviewed at the board. The board may contact you with questions about your project, or with suggestions.
Step 5: Once a decision has been made, the project manager will contact you to go over the results of your application, how to access your funds, reporting requirements, and additional support and resources available to you.
- Application Deadline: Friday, March 20th 2020
- For help creating a budget and/or project plan feel free to use the MASES Budget and Objectives builder (https://msacw.ca/funding_resources/)
- A scheduled drop-in information session regarding this round of funding will be held on Tuesday, February 4th, 2020. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a 30min time slot.
- Applications will be assessed and scored by reviewers prior to funding being awarded.
- Statistical support and RedCAP will also be available to all funded projects through the BC Children’s Hospital Research Institute.
- If applicants require any assistance during the funding application process, the MASES Team is available to provide support.
- Please visit msacw.ca/funding_application to submit an application.
Facility Engagement Initiative (FEI)
The overarching purpose of the FEI is to facilitate meaningful engagement and consultation between physicians and health authority leaders. For this reason, please carefully consider if the MSA/FEI is the best avenue for funding your project.
The key outcomes of this work as described in the FEI Memorandum of Understanding are listed below. Projects that explicitly address one or more of these objectives will be considered for funding.
- Improvements ineffective representation of medical staff views.
- Support for medical staff contributions to the development and achievement of health authority plans and initiatives that directly affect physicians.
- Improvements in the ability of medical staff to prioritize issues significantly affecting physicians and patient care.
- Creating opportunities for meaningful interactions with Health Authority leaders, including physicians in formal Health Authority medical leadership roles.
- Improvement of physician access to appropriate information to allow for more effective engagement and interaction between physicians and Health Authority operational leaders.
- Support for physicians to acquire leadership skills required to participate effectively in discussions regarding issues and matters directly affecting physicians and their role in the health care system.
At any time during the application process, please free to reach out to the MASES team at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
Cheque Request Form (For supplier cheques only)