Dear MSA Representatives:
On behalf of Doctors of BC, I am pleased to announce that Janice Stein PhD is returning to Vancouver to instruct a customized Conflict Management and Team Building PLI on November 25-26 2017 at Doctors of BC offices (115 – 1665 W. Broadway, Vancouver, BC V6J 5A4)
You may recognize the name of the instructor and acclaimed faculty. Among physicians, Janice Stein is considered the top instructor for this conflict management and team building course. She is a Canadian political scientist and international relations expert who appears regularly on CBC as a commentator. Section representatives who attended the June 2017 Strategic Influence course with Janice Stein provided the following feedback:
- She is brilliantly enthusiastic and engaging, an excellent teacher.
- Wonderful learning + engagement opportunity. Makes communication meaningful.
- Highly useful – peer interaction. This has been transformative. Thank you!!
This 2-day accredited leadership course will:
1. Deal with managing conflict in clinical teams. Leaders inherit clinical teams, with limited capacity to change the membership.
2. Focus on how physicians can build better teams, improve conflict management in their teams, build commitment to shared goals, and improve capacity to lead multidisciplinary teams which are becoming increasingly important.
3. Focus on conflict management both in clinical teams and management teams, and the challenges in each.
This course will be offered at no charge, and the tuition fee ($1995) will be covered by Doctors of BC. However, any travel or accommodation expenses should be covered by your site’s Facility Engagement funds.
There are 8 spots available for MSA representatives, available on a first come, first served basis. When the course if full, a waitlist will open.
To register, please email email@example.com by October 6 2017.
I hope that you will be able to participate in this special event, and I look forward to seeing you in November.
Cindy Myles MSc
Director, Facility Physician Engagement
Specialist Services Committee
A Partnership of Doctors of BC and the Ministry of Health